Tuesday 28 April 2009

Three Days of Rain

I finally got around to seeing Three Days of Rain last night. I remember it being not amazing the first time I saw it on Broadway, but not terrible. I think Julia (Robert)'s mediocre (awful) performance kind of made me remember it poorly. I was watching it last night, and I was thinking, this isn't that bad, I wonder why I thought it was such a bad play. I went back and read my old review on nytheaterthoughts.blogspot.com, and realized I kind of liked it the first time. So that made more sense.

So basically, it wasn't too bad. The three actors play three characters who find a journal about their fathers, and then in the second act they play the older generation. I'm too lazy to give you a plot breakdown. There are some interesting ties between the two generations, and it requires a bit of thinking which is pretty nice. The second act is a bit flat I thought, but the show was all in all pretty good. I thought James MacAvoy was great. He's got a good American accent. Nigel Harman was a little too flamboyant Jewish grandma for my tastes, and it's tough that I inevitably compare him to Bradley Cooper's awesome performance.

I'm lazy and a terrible poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment