Thursday 14 May 2009

Calendar Girls

I'm pretty embarrassed to say that I saw this show, and I'm really embarrassed to say that I actually rather enjoyed it. I'm not huge on the whole plays-based-on-movies thing, but I haven't seen this movie, and I came across this ticket. If you recall my previous bias, I'm not really into old-people plays, but this one was pretty nice. I mean, it is about cancer and doing good things, which isn't really fair when it comes to making me all moved and teary-eyed. I mean let's be honest, you're kind of a bad person if you aren't at least a little bit touched by this play.

So yeah, it's got a decently solid ensemble of rather endearing old women. It's a simple but endearing set, and they do a good job reenacting the nudie pictures. And it's just inherently moving and feel-good. Not bad, though I'm terribly embarrassed to admit it.

No comments:

Post a Comment